Pupil Premium Profile 2019/2020
|Number of pupils currently in school||24|
|Total Pupil Premium income||£4221|
|Overall Aim||To ensure that the difference between disadvantaged and other children in school and nationally diminishes so that there is no difference in progress and attainment.|
|Main barriers to learning|
Motivation to learn - learning behaviour
Multiple vulnerability e.g. SEN and/or EAL
Low attaining - not achieved GLD or Y1 phonics screening
|Specific tracking and analysis of the progress of disadvantaged children to inform quality teaching.||Children at risk of not making expected progress|
|Teaching Assistant support and intervention for children with exceptionally low on entry baseline scores - removing barriers to learning.||Children on track to narrow the gap between their attainment and ARE (age related expectation)|
|Listening and Attention: key vocabulary work||Noted increased self-confidence and self-esteem.|
|Access to the wider curriculum and enrichment||Children able to access all areas of the curriculum indoors and out.|
Nature of Support
Early Years Pupil Premium funding is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support children eligible for free school meals and children who are vulnerable to underachievement.
In order to raise the attainment of pupils eligible for pupil premium funding we as a school ensure that:
- all staff are aware of children who are vulnerable
- progress of this group of children is rigorously monitored each term
- appropriate provision is put in place to support children to make progress.
To support this group of vulnerable children the school has used its allocation of early pupil premium funding in the following ways:
- to effectively deploy teaching assistants to support children and also to deliver small language groups to boost learning
- provide additional teaching support targeted to support individuals and groups
- purchase a range of additional resources to support learning.
The Budget Spend and Impact Report for 2018/19 is available at the nursery office.